Inspired by the spirit that has animated the Daughters of Charity, The Daughters of Charity Community Services is a community education organisation that works for positive social change.
The VISION of the Daughters of Charity Community Services is of a society where each person can exercise his / her rights and responsibilities to fully participate in education, work, and family and community life. We believe that this requires a model of partnership in which both the causes and effects of poverty and injustice are successfully addressed.
The MISSION of the Daughters of Charity Community Services is, through its work, to strengthen our community and to encourage individuals and families, particularly those most marginalised, to achieve their full potential.
We aim to do this through our COMMITMENT to:
- Provide, in a flexible way, accessible opportunities for learning and personal growth.
- Respect the dignity and uniqueness of each person who engages with us.
- Offer a supportive and caring environment.
- Achieve excellence in the quality of our services.
- Work in partnership with others to remove obstacles to full participation.
- Use our experience as a means of influencing changes in social policy for the people we work with.
- Foster an organisation that behaves in a way consistent with our shared vision and mission.